From Thursday 17 to Sunday 20 September 2020
International Free Flight and Air Sports Film Festival
* From thursday 17th to Sunday 20th September: the Icares du Cinéma will be in the spotlight for the enjoyment of all, with evening screenings (and during the day for unoffical selection) under the marquee of the takeoff south.
* Saturday 19th September, the Gala evening, will close the film festival with the announcement and screening of the award-winning films this year.
The Festival brings together cinematic productions (short, medium and full-length features) dealing with air, flight, wind and all aerial sports : paragliding, hang gliding, sky diving, hot-air balloon, sailplane, elastic jump, base jump, kite, boomerang.... Motorized aerial sports are limited to paramotor, ultra-light hang-gliding and paragliding, model aircraft, aerobatics and aerial feats.
Films concerning the bird flight are also accepted.
The Free Flight Film Festival receives around a hundred productions each year from all over the world. After a pre-selection by the organization, the best films will be submitted to the vote of the official Jury of the Festival: a jury made up of sports and image professionals (program producers, directors ...), but also to the Press jury as well as a children's jury.
In 2020, a new "TREK TV" prize, the endowment of which would be the television broadcast of the award-winning film!
TIMETABLE OF PROJECTIONS
SHOW SCHEDULES :
Screenings of the official selection :
- Thursday 17th and Friday 18th september, two screenings : 5:30pm-8:00pm and 9:00pm-11:30pm.
- Saturday 19th september, Gala evening at 7:00pm : announcement of the Awards, award ceremony and 1rst screening of the winning films ; and at 9:30pm : 2nd screening of winning films.
Screenings also during the day : themed sessions, retrospectives ...
- Thursday 17th september at 2:pm : screening for school.
- Saturady 19th september at 5:30pm : "Carte Blanche" of the Dijon Festival "Les Ecrans de l'Aventure".
Film "Apurimac, l’appel de la rivière"" by Hugo Clouzeau.
Co-production: MC4, We Are Hungry and Trek TV. France - 52 minutes - 2019.
Summary: From the high Peruvian mountains to the plains of the Amazon rainforest, six kayakers set off for a 17-day self-sufficient descent on the Rio Apurimac, the most distant source in the Amazon. Guided by their passion for the river and their desire for adventure, the 6 friends plunge into the bowels of the Andes, where only kayakers can access.
All projections will be held under the Festival marquee set up at the South Launch.
YOU WANT TO PRESENT A FILM ...
Notice to film-makers : registrations at Icares du Cinéma are open until 07/01/2020!
Enrolment is free of charge and can be registered on-line on the web site
The regulations is available in french, english and spanish languages (be careful, the dates on the attached document are no longer the right ones: it's from September 17th to 20th). (pdf file)
REGLEMENT FESTIVAL ICARE 2020.pdf