COUPE ICARE 2022 : Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 September
All aircraft wishing to land on the Versoud aerodrome, then to reach the Coupe Icare site, must obtain a PPR number issued by the aerodrome operator. The request is to be sent to : firstname.lastname@example.org with the following elements:
• Radio code
• Type of aircraft
• HPA / HPD
A Notam will be published.
A shuttle will be set up by the association ISER ULM to join the site of the Coupe Icare.
I – GENERAL RECOMMENDATIONS
1 - All pilots wishing to fly from the microlight field in LUMBIN must register in advance to obtain an authorization number from the Flight Directors in order to be allowed to enter the ZRT Coupe Icare
Informations / contact :
Mobile : 06 66 80 89 67
Mobile : 06 07 03 80 88
Inscription on line before the 15th of september 2022 : click here !
2 – The pilot-in-command is solely and uniquely responsible for the proper conduct of his/her aircraft. It is imperative that he/she ensures that all characteristics of his aircraft and his/her personal experience meet the standards expected for the temporary use of the ULM runway of Lumbin. The Coupe Icare organizers and flight directors refuse all responsibility in the event of even a minor incident or in case of pilot error.
3- Due to the great number of aircraft sharing the same air space over the sites of the Coupe Icare, every pilot-in-command must increase his visual alertness to avoid collision, and strictly adhere to the designated air spaces and allotted times for each activity (see the air map showing the various sectors reserved for flights).
4 – A microlight must always give way and cede priority to a non-motorized aircraft including hang gliders, paragliders, sail planes, hot-air balloons etc. ….
5 – All flight crews (pilots) must hold the up to date originals of their flight authorization documents, notably: pilot license, Registration card for the microlight, radio license, insurance covering the French territory. These documents must be presented on arrival at the ZRT of the air festival. There may be representatives of the DGAC/PAF/BGTA (civil aviation authorities etc.) present to perform spot checks.
6- All paramotors (motorized paragliders) are forbidden from the field in the Lumbin area during the Coupe Icare. A specific flying zone is reserved for the on the plateau of Saint Hilaire. Please contact Paramotor Flight Director for more details : Kevin LECARDONNEL : email@example.com ou +33(0)18.104.22.168.48.
II – ACCESS for Microlights to the temporary field in LUMBIN
Flight access and the use of the temporary field in Lumbin implies, that each pilot has:
- Awareness and familiarity with SUP AIP and NOTAM COUPE ICARE 2022
- Prior authorization from the Flight Director (tel: 06 66 80 89 67 ou 06 07 03 80 88)
- Fully accepted the specific rules below:
- The organizers deny all responsibility related to the state of the microlight field, and its specific setting.
- The flight commander remains the only person responsible for his flight.
- If you have any doubts it is better to abstain or to land at Versoud LFLG !
- The strict respect of the sectors flight instructions in particular:
1. Flying over the landing field (PS N : 45°18'07''N and 005°54'22''E) is formally forbidden.
2. Flying over residential areas of LUMBIN is formally forbidden to motorized aircraft flying below 1500ft above the ground (AGL). No flying on the plateau of Saint-Hilaire-du-Touvet or along the cliffs between the Dent de Crolles and Mont Granier. (Natural reserve of the upper Chartreuse)
3. All paramotor flights over any area of LUMBIN are formally prohibited under the municipal by-laws.
4 - The microlight field in Lumbin is only open during the Coupe ICARE at the following times (local times):
- Saturday 24th September 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday 25th September 222 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- No flights are permitted outside these times.
ABSOLUTE BAN ON ALL ULM FLIGHTS within the ZRTarea on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th September from 16:00 to18:00 when it is strictly reserved for demonstration flights. The same applies to Thursday 22nd and Friday 23th September from 9:00 to 16:00 when it is reserve for non-motorized free flight and from 16:00 to 18:00 reserved for reconnaissance and practice flights between : Sailplanes , aircraft, EVAA....…
5. GPS Coordinates of the microlight field in Lumbin N 45°18'125'' – E 005°54'58''
6. Specific details concerning the microlight field: Available landing and take-off length is 200 metres (with an additional 100 metres distance for security reasons), the width is 10 metres, the earth surface consists of agricultural grassland, packed down in a basic way. This microlight field is to be used by microlights, with all-wheel equipment, of both weight shift and 3-axis aircraft classed as «STOL » (Short take-off and landing) with wheels of 400.
We recommend all pilots inspect the field before using it. The flight directors deny all responsibility where a pre-flight inspection has not occurred.
7. Every flight pilot should check in advance that his machine is compatible in terms of performance with the characteristics of the field and with his level of experience. In case of doubt it is better not to fly or to go and land at the Versoud Aerodrome a few minutes away (please refer to the VAC LFLG map) or make a check of the field on foot under the normal methods.
III - LANDING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Field Axis 03/21: preferably 03 with a path and ditch at the beginning of the runway, runway threshold 03 is shifted by 20 m
2 - All approaches should be made from the North West (from the valley): See the flight plan on the map.
3 - Comply strictly with the microlight flight plans . Be absolutely imperative to the south of the flags marking the integration circuit.
4- Runway altitude: 720 ft (220 meters)AMSL; Down wing leg 600 ft AGL above ground (200 meters).
5 - It is strictly forbidden to fly over the public, both at the top and at the bottom. as well as flying over the paragliding and hang-gliding launch and landing zones. (please refer to the flight zones in the attached file and to the signs posted in the ground).
6- The landing zone in Lumbin uses the 128.700 frequency. Please contact this frequency 5 minutes before you arrive in this zone to receive instructions and to coordinate the launch and landings of microlights and helicopters.
7. A wind sock is located at the North West section of the field.
IV – ON SITE
- No fuel is available on the microlight field.
- Free shuttle buses are available to microlight pilots wearing a nominative «Pilote ULM» badge. These badges will be distributed on arrival after submission of the « pilote /Machine » enrolment form.
Contact and information from the microlight Flight Directors:
DV Adjoint ULM: Louis COLLARDEAU : mob. 06 07 03 80 88
DV Adjoint ULM : Jimmy BRUNO - 06.20.06.66.78
DV Adjoint ULM: Rocchino CESCHI - 07.83.68.37.93