ACCESS FROM CHAMBERY / ONE-WAY SYSTEM TO GET TO SAINT HILAIRE
A one-way system will be implemented to get to Saint Hilaire du Touvet, on Saturday 23th and Sunday 24th September from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, when travelling from Chambéry :
- Upwards towards Saint Hilaire du Touvet via the RD29 from Le Touvet
- Downwards via the RD30 to La Terrasse
ACCESS FROM GRENOBLE
The RD30 from Grenoble (via St Nazaire les Eymes and St Pancrasse) will remain open in both directions.
IN ST HILAIRE, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, from 10:00am to 7:00pm.
The road will be closed in the crossing of St Hilaire, between the roundabout near the garage (North side) and the football place/camping site (South side).
- Prefer the shutteles
- If you come with car, prefer the road by St Nazaire les Eymes (Grenoble side) : more car park available
- if you come by Le Touvet (Chambéry side), come before 9:30am. the car park "Les Dioux" will be close at 10:00am
- From 9h30 onwards it is highly discouraged to drive up the Touvet-St-Bernard du Touvet because there is no available parking in St Hilaire (north side) nor in St Bernard; moreover, crossing the village of St Hilaire to reach the south parking areas is not possible.
- In all cases, come before 10am ! the show start early !
Free car-parks availables in St Hilaire, Crolles, Lumbin et la Terrasse.
CAR-PARK IN THE VALLEY
7 parking areas (free of charge) at your disposal, close to the Coupe Icare shuttle bus stops, for you to easily reach the festivities:
- Crolles : Pré de l'Horme (85 parking spaces)
- Crolles : Lidl (100 parking spaces) - only Sunday
- Crolles : Gymnasium Guy Bolès (80 parking spaces)
- Crolles : Paul Jargot (160 parking spaces)
- Lumbin : stadium (200 parking spaces) - reserved for car-sharing of 4 people minimum
- La Terrasse : crossing RD 1090 (300 parking spaces)
- La Terrasse : near the lake (250 parking spaces)
And a parking for motorbikes in Lumbin : chemin Pré Guillerme
CAR-PARK IN ST HILAIRE
5 free car-park :
- P1 : parking de l'étang , near the football place
- P2 : near the campsite
- P3 : in Les Dioux
- P5 : near the ski station
- P4 : only for 4x4, near the ski station
and 2 parkings for motorbikes : near communal garages and near the nursery "3 Quenottes"
Recommendations about Les Dioux :
- A St Hilaire, access to the parking-camping zone of « des Dioux », near the South Launch, will be closed on Friday as of 20:00 (8 pm) and will reopen on Saturday and Sunday between 8:30am and 10:00 am.
- This area is reserved for pilots in need of tranquillity. It is under surveillance every night in order to insure peace and quiet.
Saturday and Sunday : if you want access to the nearest car parks of the Mascarade Flights, it's recommended to arrive before 10am
In Lumbin, parking is only allowed at the special parking area in Montfort (in Crolles), near the station of the Funicular
In Saint-Hilaire, camping-cars may only park
- at the car park of the ski resort (reserved to bug camping-cars)
- and the car park above the pond (near the football ground).
- Camping cars : Remember to bring your chains (they can be very useful if there is heavy rain and you are parked on the grass)!
- Consider using the Camp site at La Terrasse lake! There are direct shuttles on Saturday and Sunday to both the landing and take-off areas.
Download the map of car parks in St Hilaire
Download the map of car parks in Lumbin
© cartographie : Bruno Fouquet