I – GENERAL RECOMMENDATIONS
1 - All pilots wishing to fly from the microlight field in LUMBIN must complete beforehand a registration card (see format below) and send it back by mail to email@example.com in order to get an authorization number from the Flight Directors in order to be allowed to enter the ZRT Coupe Icare
Informations : Louis COLLARDEAU : 06.07.03.80.88 or Jean-Marc CHEVALLET : 06.82.81.42.62
Inscription on line before the 15th of september 2017 : click here !
2 – The flight commander (pilot) is the one person responsible for his aircraft. The CI organization and the Flight Directors of the Coupe Icare deny all responsibility in the event of pilot error.
3 – Each pilot as flight commander must apply clear and focused visual attention to the proximity to all the other aircrafts flying in the various areas of the Coupe Icare (see the flight map showing reserved air space).
4 – A microlight must always give way and cede priority to a non-motorized aircraft including hang gliders, paragliders, sail planes, hot-air balloons etc. ….
5 – All flight crews (pilots) must hold the up to date originals of their flight authorization documents, notably: pilot license, Registration card for the microlight, radio license, insurance covering the French territory. These documents must be presented on arrival at the ZRT of the air festival. There may be representatives of the DGAC/PAF/BGTA (civil aviation authorities etc.) present to perform spot checks.
6- All paramotors (motorized paragliders) are forbidden from the field in the Lumbin area during the Coupe Icare. A specific flying zone is reserved for the on the plateau of Saint Hilaire. Please contact Paramotor Flight Director for more details : Noel MAZAUDIER : 06.70.64.00.36
II – ACCESS for Microlights to the temporary field in LUMBIN
Flight access and the use of the temporary field in Lumbin implies, that each pilot has:
- Awareness and familiarity with SUP AIP and NOTAM COUPE ICARE 2017
- Prior authorization from the Flight Director (tel: 06 07 03 80 88)
- Fully accepted the specific rules below:
The organizers deny all responsibility related to the state of the microlight field, and its specific setting.
The flight commander remains the only person responsible for his flight.
In there is any doubt, it is better not to fly!.
1 Flying over the landing field (PS N : 45°18’07’’N and 005°54’22’’E) is formally forbidden.
2. Flying over residential areas of LUMBIN is formally forbidden to motorized aircraft flying below 1500ft above the ground (AGL). No flight on all "Plateau des Petites Roches" and along the cliff of "Dent de Crolles".
3. All paramotor flights over any area of LUMBIN are formally prohibited under the municipal by-laws.
4. The microlight field in Lumbin is only open during the Coupe ICARE at the following times (local times):
o Saturday 23th September 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
o Sunday 24thSeptember 2017 from 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
o No flights are permitted outside these times.
It is totally forbidden to fly in any of the territory (ZRT) on Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. This timeslot is strictly reserved for demonstration flights organized by the Coupe Icare.
5. GPS Coordinates of the microlight field in Lumbin N 45°18'125’’ – E 005°54’58’’
6. Specific details concerning the microlight field: Available landing and take-off length is 200 metres (with an additional 100 metres distance for security reasons), the width is 10 metres, the earth surface consists of agricultural grassland, packed down in a basic way. This microlight field is to be used by microlights, with all-wheel equipment, of both weight shift and 3-axis aircraft classed as «STOL » (Short take-off and landing) with wheels of 400. We recommend all pilots inspect the field before using it. The flight directors deny all responsibility where a pre-flight inspection has not occurred.
7. Every flight pilot should check in advance that his machine is compatible in terms of performance with the characteristics of the field and with his level of experience. In case of doubt it is better not to fly or to go and land at the Versoud Aerodrome a few minutes away (please refer to the VAC LFLG map) or make a check of the field on foot under the normal methods.
III - LANDING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Field Axis 03/21 ; preferably 03 with corn cut to a height of 2m50 m at the start of the landing approach and a ditch at the near side of the field with a 20m approach road.
2 - All approaches should be made from the North West (from the valley): See the flight plan on the map.
3 - Comply strictly with the microlight flight plans so as no to encroach on the zone dedicated to radio-controlled aircraft, which is located close to the axis of the final descent.
4- Runway altitude: 720 ft (220 meters)AMSL; Down wing leg 600 ft AGL above ground (200 meters).
5 - It is strictly forbidden to fly over the public, both at the top and at the bottom. as well as flying over the paragliding and hang-gliding launch and landing zones. (please refer to the flight zones in the attached file and to the signs posted in the ground).
6- The landing zone in Lumbin uses the 128.700 frequency. Please contact this frequency 5 minutes before you arrive in this zone to receive instructions and to coordinate the launch and landings of microlights and helicopters.
7. A wind sock is located at the North West section of the field.
IV – ON SITE
- No fuel is available on the microlight field.
- Free shuttle buses are available to microlight pilots wearing a nominative «Pilote ULM» badge. These badges will be distributed on arrival after submission of the « pilote /Machine » enrolment form.
Contact and information from the microlight Flight Directors:
- Microlight flight Director: Louis COLLARDEAU cell phone 06 07 03 80 88
- Secondary Microlight flight directors :
- Jean Marc CHEVALLET cell phone 06 82 81 42 62
- Alain CATALAN cell phone 06 71 02 71 08
- Christian ROBERT cell phone 06 11 40 44 52