Parabatix was conceived by a group of paramotoring comrades. Their idea was to create a showy, fun, thrilling event in order to promote the discipline in all four corners of the world.
Parabatix Sky Racers was founded 6 years ago as an events management agency by 3 heavy-medalled international classical competition pilots: Pascal Campbell-Jones (UK), Matthieu Rouanet (France) and Jérôme Pommier (France). They invented the transportable pylon race.
Their idea : being able to move their event to different sites just as soccer stadiums, not necessarily adapted to motorized air races.
Their ultimate goal was to be able to mount 5 international events a year, one on each continent. But they needed financial backing.
At the Coupe Icare, Parabatix will morph into Icarobatix and invite the 12 top world pilots to compete over 3 eliminatory tasks for the title of World Icarobatix Champion.
To qualify for each following task, each pilot has 2 minutes to prove his excellence before the judges
Icarobatix in Coupe Icare :
- Warm up, Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 - St Hilaire
- 1st round, Saturday from 10:00 to 11:00 - Lumbin
- 2nd round, Saturday from 18:00 to 19:00 - Si Hilaire
- Final round : Sunday from 10:00 to 11:00 - Lumbin
For more informations : www.parabatix.com
The 44nd Coupe Icare will take place from 21th to 24th September 2017.
In St Hilaire (South Launch and Cafeteria) and Lumbin (landing area), with live broadcast of the costume parade and air shows.
- Hommage to Pierre Bouilloux with the film « Le Triangle » (saturday at 4:30pm - chapiteau Festival)
- Hommage to Tancrède Melet with the film « Retour aux Fjords » (saturday at 4:00pm - chapiteau Festival)