The Coupe Icare Masquerade Contest is open to all hang glider and paraglider pilots.
Costumed flights are scheduled Saturday at 11:00 (or Sunday in case of poor weather).
The prize giving and repeat-round of masquerade flights will take place Sunday at 11:00.
All registrations are online on the sitewww.coupe-icare.org.
There is no cost to register which will be validated once all mandatory fields are completed and after providing an electronic copy (*.jpg, *.pdf,…) of a certificate showing civil responsibility insurance covering free flying activities. For pilots insured with the FFVL, this document can be downloaded via the website https://intranet.ffvl.fr/.
Don't forget to come for collect your registration pack at the Entrance to the Salon Icare Expo in from Wednesday September 18th until Friday evening. Your flight number to be worn during the demonstration will be distributed during the pilot briefing on Saturday morning.
Prior to September 18th, if you need help registering you can contact the Tourist Office in person, via phone or e-mail.
Inscriptions will close on Friday, September 20th in the evening.
All participating pilots are obliged to attend the pilot briefings Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 on the launch "carpet".
Download the regulations and go to the page "Inscription on line"
Francis Heilmann has decided to celebrate the 40th edition of the Coupe Icare in the true spirit of the event by choosing to disguise himself as a flying Lionfish. What is heaven’s name is that? Well you’ll know it when you see a crazy colourful tropical fish floating overhead.
Francis will pilot his own flying monster the way he’s done for all the festivals since 1991, from inside from inside the gigantic creature of his creation. His project was generously subsidized by the Région Rhône Alpes and Porcher Sport, as well as by Sup’Air and ITV.
Measuring 7 metres high and 10 metres long, the 40th’s Flying Lionfish will undoubtedly provide a breathtaking technical feat and spectacle. A unique occasion not to be missed!
Saturday : before Icarnaval, dance with Jean-Claude Gallotta for celebrate the 30th anniversary of France Bleu Isère.
Saturday: Opening ICARNAVAL with singer Pep's who will sing "Liberta" in flight tandem.
There will be 30 000 euros worth of Prizes for costume paraglider and hangglider pilots:
*1 Optic 24 paraglider made by Dudek, offered and made with the collaboration of Porcher Sport, Parastick, Dudek and Annick Saint-Sabin, worth 2590€. This winner of this paraglider, imprinted with the logo of the 2012 festival, will be drawn at random from the top 30 prize winners.
* 10 variometer-gps devices, Sys’gps, from Syride worth 349€
* 5 Kinder 2013 Harnesses from Sup’Air worth 295€
* 15 In-flight cameras Drift HD 1080p by Drift Innovation worth 240€
* 10 pairs of Salomon shoes worth 125€
* 2 Mountain Backpacks from Salewa worth 100€
* 40 micro-vario Sys’one devices made by Syride worth 69€
* 10 Board Game of Parapente Poursuite made by Edenslide worth 55€
* 10 Board Game Thermik made by Territoire Cœur de Savoie worth 40€
* 50 technical jackets from Air et Aventure worth 30€
* 10 Flying Site Guides by Sylvain Grandferry worth 29€
* 100 Windmeters from Skywatch Xplorer 1 specially made for the Coupe Icare 2013, worth 20€
* 50 sports bags from the Crédit Agricole
And every participant will receive a Porcher Sport windsock and a Coupe Icare tee-shirt.