In 1983, 10 years after the launch of the "Coupe Icare" or ICARUS CUP, the FIRST INTERNATIONAL FREE FLIGHT AND AERIAL SPORTS FILM FESTIVAL hit the screens.
Today, “the ICARES of CINEMA” attracts an audience of nearly 20,000 people and has become a key venue for film and video professionals as well as free-flight enthusiasts.
The Festival brings together cinematic productions (short, medium and full-length features) dealing with air, flight, wind and all aerial sports : paragliding, hang gliding, sky diving, hot-air balloon, sailplane, elastic jump, base jump, kite, boomerang.... Motorized aerial sports are limited to paramotor, ultra-light hang-gliding and paragliding, model aircraft and aerobatics. Films concerning the bird flight are also accepted.
Every year the Festival receives from 60 to 80 amateur and professional productions from all over the world.
A selection of 25 to 30 films is then submitted to the festival jury, composed of film and video professionals (programme producers, film directors, etc.) and free flight specialists.
Timetable of projections
- Official sessions: Thursday at 7:30 pm, Friday at 2:00pm and 7:30pm
- Saturday evening : Gala evening - Announcement of the winners and prize-giving ceremony and projection of the prized films.
During the day, there are non-stop projections of selected films.
All projections will be held under the Festival marquee set up at the South Launch.
« Mornings OFF » presents brings together films, which the Selection Committee considers interesting despite not being selected to compete.
The « Matinales du Off » Icare will be discerned by the Festival Selection Committee.
The two sessions occur : Friday morning and Saturday morning.
Enrolment is free of charge and can be registered:
- NEW : On-line on the web site www.coupe-icare.org
- By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Post : Coupe Icare – 102 route des 3 villages 38660 St Hilaire du Touvet – France
The regulations is available in french, english and spanish languages. (pdf file)
The 44nd Coupe Icare will take place from 21th to 24th September 2017.
In St Hilaire (South Launch and Cafeteria) and Lumbin (landing area), with live broadcast of the costume parade and air shows.
- Hommage to Pierre Bouilloux with the film « Le Triangle » (saturday at 4:30pm - chapiteau Festival)
- Hommage to Tancrède Melet with the film « Retour aux Fjords » (saturday at 4:00pm - chapiteau Festival)